Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Got that darned garage sale out of the way!

Finally, that darned garage sale is finished!  My sister Beckie & I pulled it off, in my driveway.  Since we both had perennials for sale, I figured why not?  Just when I figured the whole exercise was a waste, someone would drive up and buy stuff. We did best selling our plants.  Had I charged for garden tours, I would have cleaned up!  People were very kind in their admiration for the front yard.  Late this summer, we will have a perennial-only sale, in her driveway.  Watch for notices on that.  



After assisting with set-up, both Jim and Beckie went back to their chores (well, Jim went fishing so I'm not sure that counts as a "chore").  Today, I managed to multi-task and while I kept an eye on the driveway, I got my impatiens planted.



I put in a small handful of bone meal with each plant and they thrive.  It is so nice to have the bright pops of color here and there in the midst of the hosta/rock garden.

My garden has 114 varieties of hosta.  Between Beckie and I, we have 220 varieties of daylily.  We belong to the Central Dakota Daylily Society and have built our collection over many years of gardening.

Tomorrow, life gets back to normal, and I can hang out in the backyard, planting the last of the annuals there.  Well, that is, until I make another run at an area plant store.  I have a little jingle in my pocket after the garage sale, and I will reward myself with more beauty for the yard.  Then, to the bank with the balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment