Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Is There Any Doubt I'm a Cartographic Geek?


Is there any doubt I'm a cartographic geek? Is there any doubt I'm an Anglophile?



Great Britain counties I visited in August & 

September 2019


England (of 48 counties, I went to 33)
·         Bedfordshire
·         Berkshire
·         Buckinghamshire
·         Cambridgeshire
·         Cheshire
·         City of London
·         Cornwall
·         Cumbria
·         Devon
·         Durham
·         Glouchestershire
·         Greater London
·         Greater Manchester
·         Hampshire
·         Herefordshire
·         Herfordshire
·         Kent
·         Lancashire
·         Leicestershire
·         Merseyside
·         North Yorkshire
·         Northumberland
·         Nottinghamshire
·         Oxfordshire
·         Shropshire
·         Somerset
·         South Yorkshire
·         Surrey
·         Tyne and Wear
·         Warwickshire
·         West Midlands
·         West Yorkshire
·         Wiltshire





Scotland (of 20 counties I went to 12)
·         Scottish Borders
·         Midlothian
·         City of Edinburgh
·         West Lothian
·         Falkirk
·         North Lanarkshire
·         Stirling
·         Perth and Kinross
·         Argyll and Bute
·         West Dumbartonshire
·         Glasgow City
·         South Lanarkshire

Wales (Welsh name)
·         Clwyd (Clwyd)
·         Monmouthshire (Sir Fynwy)

In Ireland, I only visited Dublin, also the English name of the county, but in Gaelic is Contae Bhaile Átha Cliath

I've already begun a list of destinations for my return to the United Kingdom and Ireland! Meanwhile, I've got some scones to bake, testing a recipe from the BBC. And, yes, I binge-watched season 3 of "The Crown" already.

English cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment