Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2017

Bison Dreams

I had such a riveting dream last night.  I was at the Theodore Roosevelt Symposium, with Jim.  A baby bison wandered into the crowd, and I picked it up in my arms, trying to figure out how to rescue it.  Knowing that it would not survive without a mother on which to nurse, I was perplexed.  I tried to find my friend Valerie Naylor to help me.  Then, my alarm clock went off.

Baby bison photograph I took in Theodore Roosevelt National Park, 2011

Bison are my power animals.

Another dream, one night, alone in a motel room, about twelve years ago.  It was very vivid.  A bison was breaking in the door to my room.  I mulled over this dream for a very long time and saw it as a message for some difficult decisions with which I was grappling.

"Some things aren't visible until you're truly ready to see them." Rza

No comments:

Post a Comment