Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Glen Campbell & other musings

When I was a little girl, Glen Campbell's "Wichita Lineman" was a big hit on AM radio.  Somehow, because my father had, in the time period after World War II, been a lineman in Mississippi, I got confused and for a little while I was pretty sure my father and Glen Campbell were one and the same person.  I eventually got this sorted out and understood the truth, but I'm still rather fond of the song.

Other musings: this photo was a happy reminder for me of a past hike, taken five years ago today.  I so love Theodore Roosevelt National Park that I'll climb the tall bison fence to get into the backcountry.  My husband, @jimfuglie1, took this photo.  My sister, Sarah, joined us for the hike and just as nimbly clambered over that fence.


Garden news is that I planted the hosta seed I've been harvesting.  We'll see what happens.  A seed can be magic, a miracle in the palm of my hand.


On the way to pick up supplies at the grocery store, I spotted this sign.  Good sentiment.


Other tiny seeds have turned this summer to these beauties.



In the kitchen, I'm converting the bounty to yellow tomato lime sorbet, and listening to Campbell's last release as I putter.



Adios, indeed, Mr. Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment