Search This Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Red Oak House Garden notes no. 22 Showstoppers

Gavin Petit Daylily

Gavin Petit Daylily opened this morning and it is, indeed, a showstopper.  Out loud I say "Wow!" each time I first see it.

Others are reaching their peak bloom too.  Worthy of sharing.

Primal Scream Daylily

Canyonlands Daylily

Uncertain (seems to be mislabeled "Darkest Before Dawn") Daylily

Siloam Baby Doll Daylily

Prairie Blue Eyes Daylily (I'm a sucker for plants with prairie names)

Itsy Bitsy Spider Daylily

Coyote Moon Daylily

Barbara Mitchell Daylily

Tijuana Daylily

Great Red Dragon Daylily

Black-eyed Susan Daylily

Wineberry Candy Daylily, a gift from my friend Bob

Double Tulip Daylily

Flameburst Daylily

Rosewitha Daylily

Red Volunteer Daylily

Sunshine and Lollipops Daylily
On a pass through the vegetable garden, a bonus was the discovery of the first shelling peas.



I added the peas to the cold pasta salad waiting in the fridge for supper.


Time to make a run to deliver peas to my Mother.  She loves 'em.

1 comment:

  1. yeah that happens...I buy 'em from folks & mostly at the local daylily club auction and things get mixed up. I'll make that note on my caption. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete