Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2017

Red Oak House Garden notes no. 25

Raspberry Griffin Daylily

How beautiful is Raspberry Griffin daylily, pictured above?  It makes me smile.

Brookwood Black Kitten Daylily. I'm very excited that my friend Bob has ordered a new "Brookwood" daylily for both of us.
Red Splendor Crabapples

Siloam Ury Winnifred Daylily


I cannot express, gentle reader, how happy it makes me to know that my dear friend Bonnie Estes, of Arkadelphia, Arkansas, enjoys seeing my flower photos on my blog.   I am deeply indebted to Bonnie and Dr. Jack Estes for their kindness and generosity to me in my Nashville years. So many fond memories.  From them, I learned more life lessons than I can list, including an abiding love of geography and multiculturalism.   I miss them so when I've gone so long without seeing them in person.  Their daughter, my friend Pastor Pamela Estes, is a gift to the world.

Speaking of friends, I cannot express how much it means to me that y'all take the time to read this blog.  Comments from deeply respected individuals like Dr. Tom Isern and Suzzanne Kelley are much appreciated.    Watch this space for more blogs about trails.  Happy trails, friends.

"If you are in the garden, I will dress myself
     in leaves.
If you are in the sea I will slide into that
smooth blue nest, I will talk fish, I will adore
     salt."
Mary Oliver
South Seas Daylily


Primal Scream Daylily

One of the perennial beds

UFO Daylily

Rock Around the Clock Daylily

Eenie Allegro Daylily

Coin of the Realm Daylily

Spacecoast Tiny Perfection Daylily

Cool Spice Daylily

Ruby Spider Daylily



Little Light of Mine Daylily

No comments:

Post a Comment