Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Words to live by

My view for morning coffee.  Gardening takes hard work, confidence, patience, and water
"I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau

Today's Writer's Almanac pays homage to HDT. I love when I hear Garrison Keillor's voice come out of my radio with the day's installment.

Writer's Almanac July 12, 2017 installment

I've been to Walden Pond, with my dear friend Pamela Jean, when she was living in Boston.

This project is pretty inspirational too.  Way to go Don Henley.
The Walden Woods Project

This story on NPR today is very thought-provoking.


No comments:

Post a Comment