Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Church key, February 4, 2017

I made a fascinating archeological discovery in my house today. We are the third family who has lived in this house. Since we've owned it, I've cleaned and painted every square inch over time. Today I was fighting with a bottom drawer in the kitchen that wouldn't push in and so I pulled the son of a bitch all the way out and looked behind it to see what was the cause of this problem. Found a couple of mailing envelopes (with your name on them Tim Kingstad) that have been lurking back there all this time and had finally fallen just into the right position to create the barrier and, lo and behold, on the floor underneath all of it this! An antique church key. Probably belonged to Dr. Smeenk and his family but Tim if this is a family heirloom and you want it back you know how to get in touch. Isn't life fascinating. If you are my friend and you like to drink from bottles that require a church key to open, be sure & request this next time we are hosting. Oh, bring the bottle with you just to be on the safe side. I'll supply the church key. Cheers

p.s. some lovely people from Wilton, ND bought our old electric stove. Came and hold it away. Although we have cooked many a meal on it, I won't miss it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment